★ Christmas In Reverse
Best Children's/Youth Musical
A Children's Musical
Kathie Hill has done Christmas fore-wards and now, backwards! Instead of ending with the nativity, Christmas in Reverse starts at the manger then “rewinds” to give details on the events leading to the first Christmas. Teaming with co-writer, Melody Morris, Kathie provides a plethora of orchestral settings for this Broadway-styled musical. And long before the characters gather back at the manger, you will be touched (for the first or umpteenth time) by God’s reason for sending Jesus in songs like, You Chose Me, Waiting for Christmas and Come and Worship Jesus. So if you think you’ve chosen your musical for this year, it’s time to “rewind” and take a look at Christmas in Reverse.
We used “Christmas in Reverse” with our 16 member children’s choir and our congregation was delighted with the clear Gospel message! Adding middle school narrators, teens for Mary and Joseph, young adults as Adam & Eve and senior adult wise men made this such an accessible musical. Thanks!
Pat Young — FBC Blue Ridge, GA
- It Came to Pass
- Christmas in Reverse
- Christmas in Reverse (reprise)
- Eden Music (Peer Gynt Suite No. 1, Opus 46: Morning Mood)
- He Told You So!
- Waiting for Christmas with Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus
- You Chose Me
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks with Angels We Have Heard on High
- Vobis Hdie Salvator (A Savior Is Born for You)
- Come and Worship Jesus
- Silent Night! Holy Night! (additional lyrics by Kathie Hill)
- Shout Out Emmanuel! (reprise)